- The Science Department is in charge of maintaining the health of staff, technological research, and maintaining labs for manufacturing and altering player equipment.
- The Science Department uses its staff's combined Intelligence to determine how much energy it has for projects.
- As with other departments, Administration policies may help improve the Science productivity.
- This department requires completion of the quest Is There a Doctor in the House, that comes after the objective to recruit 15 people in How to HQ.
- With a Medical Lab, your staff can now research the nature of any disease you've encountered.
- Once a disease is researched, the ability to research Cures and Vaccines for that disease will become available, provided you have the necessary equipment at HQ to develop them.
- Generally, research takes several days.
- Once a Vaccine is researched, HQ's Infirmary and settlement hospitals will begin distributing it - eliminating further outbreaks of that disease.
- HQ Labs allow staff to craft items and upgrade your equipment, and spend the settlement virtual resources to do it.
Further updates to the Labs can allow the staff to bypass Perk requirements on recipes - even if you don't have those Perks yourself.
- Lab rooms include:
Weapons lab (basement or main floor),
Armor lab (basement, main floor or office floor),
Power armor lab (basement),
Robotics lab (atrium),
Chemistry lab (atrium).
Future player-made add-ons for HQ may add new locations to build those rooms.
- Planned for future releases